Easy Vocab Support to Use Now!

Good MORNING!! Happy Saturday. And for me... happy 22nd day of summer! Yes, I'm counting. Thanks to Instragram where I'm keeping track of every day of summer so that I can relish in the memories come January 6th when it's an ice box here and we are in the thick of the school year.

I'm guest blogging over at the iTeach Third blog... I'm so honored to have been asked to share some tips and I've been meaning to share some SUPER simple-even-your-grandma-can-do-them-if-she-was-a-teacher-that-is supports to keep students engaged in the learning they are doing while building their vocabulary. It all started out to support my English Learners, but has morphed into my common practice now.

Head over now, bring some snacks (because it is a long one, folks...#longwinded), and enjoy. :)

The beauty of it all, as that even though I began using a lot of these strategies to support my ELs, it actually benefits ALL my students... including my native English speakers. And that's typical of all ELs supports- they are not meant just for ELs so even if you don't have any in your classroom or very few, these strategies and supports can be used in your room as well!






Signature

2 comments

  1. Hi Kelli! I saw this post on iTeach3rd and I am your newest follower. I LOVE this! I don't have a smart board but I am going to find a way to incorporate this because it's fabulous. I teach about 70% ELLs and love any and all ideas to support vocabulary development for all kids. Thank you for sharing such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an outstanding blog post, Kelli! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top