Makeover Madness: A Kick in the Butt

First challenge was accepted. Like many, it was on my to-do list. I've had ideas on improving this baby to make it even better in my classroom next year and kept writing them down, but not really adding onto it physically. Then that list grew too large and summer came and the pool was just a much better place to be. 

Enter this challenge. #tptsellerchallenge

OK, ok. Fine. Let's do this. I spent some time off and on over the last two days and wham bam! It's done, and it feels so good.


This is the 2nd time I've overhauled this resource, so it wasn't a complete and utter mess, but let's just say- there were ways to improve it. I could have just redone the cover, called it a day, and took a nap, but I knew this was the time and the kick in the butt I needed to really make those improvements and additions I had been wanting to. So here's the newly improved beauty:

Click to enlarge... scroll down and find the link to find in my TpT store
We do hopes and dreams twice a year- once in the fall and once in winter. This year, we actually did one the last week of school too for summer and I loved doing that and will continue to do it. Basically, it's goal setting for the year. And to be honest- we normally would spend some quality time at the beginning of the year crafting these and then quickly revisit them come January and be on our merry way. I wanted to change that this year, so I made some additions.

We'll still plan and draft our hopes and dreams, and then we'll create a display. I've added 3 new options so I'm not sure what one we will do... it'll depend on my group of kiddos and what I think they can handle. Then, we will be tracking them. When we noticed that we are taking a step in the direction towards reaching our goal, we'll write it down on the new tracker page I've added. And at the end, we'll do a more thorough reflection; first with some whole and small group discussion with the new prompting cards and then they'll do the written reflection.

I'm really excited about the additions and upgrades not only for me, but for you! I tried to make it easier for other teachers to use in their rooms by adding in *some* editable versions of the planning pages for both the students and the families. One person gave the feedback that they wish they could change some of the social skill words, so I thought, "Eh, I think I could figure that out." So there ya have it.

Because I've added quite a few new things, the original price did go up. However, it is $2.00 off right now until the next challenge is posted. It's less now than what it was before all the upgrades! #winforyou Many people have this one on their wish list so if that is you, snag it now!

Thank you to the fabulous ladies who put this HUGE plan together! We'll see what next week holds...



Signature

12 comments

  1. WOW! What an AMAZING makeover. I LOVE all the display options you've included here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clipart that you changed it to is one of my fav sellers! His work is so unique! I really love the updates! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    Amber
    PeppyZestyTeacherista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updates! It has a fresh clean new look. What a great product too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) It does feel good to give it a new look!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I've wishlisted it. It looks like you even included bulletin board ideas for displays. Your new cover looks really good.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. The update looks great! I am switching from Kinder to Fourth this year...this definitely grabbed my attention!
    Laura
    Enchanting Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new cover is great. I love the clean, simple look and how it really highlights all the important information.
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fab! I love the tabs at the top. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fab! I love the tabs at the top. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great job on the makeover! I love your new cover and all the updates. It's always such a good feeling when you know you are putting a better product out there (as well as for your own students, of course). Nicely done!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in LOVE with this! I do Hopes and Dreams with my kiddos every year and every year I find I'm remaking some sheet I created that didn't really work... or just going with what I had because I was too busy to do anything about it. What a great update! It's going on my wishlist as soon as I publish this comment! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Forget the wishlist - I just bought it :-) Your store is amazing! I can't believe I just found you now! ~ Lisa

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top