She Lives! Sunday Scoop

The beginning of the school year never fails me... I just don't have the energy to share what we've been up to! I'm just pooped. Waking up at 5:30, getting to school at 7:00, attempting to get work done before kids come at 9:10 (I often get too chatty with people...I'm that person at school), teach my precious cherubs non-stop until 3:45, stay at work until 5:00 or 6:00, come home and make/eat dinner, around 6:30 and BOOM I'm on the couch trying to get a few things ready to repeat it all the next day before my head hits my pillow at 8:30 and I'm out.

Sound familiar?

So, I'm trying to slowly ease back into my beloved blogging (especially because I'm up next on Megan's custom blog design list!!) with Teaching Trio's new and PERFECT Sunday linky


Why is it perfect for me? Because unlike most teachers, I don't have a super solid "plan" for the week to share. My plans are relatively loose because I really go day by day depending on my students. Yes I have a pacing guide to follow and general teaching points, but exactly how I tackle a lesson can change pretty quickly due to how the previous day went. So this let's me feel like I'm sharing my week...in all my looseness.


3
RW is off and rolling (I'll share some things we've been up to later... hopefully...) and now I want to get partnerships established for read alouds now that we've started our first chapter book of the year. Also, I'm trying to control my control freak nature and allow students to sit around the room during independent reading. I've got enough sit spots/pillows/rugs/bean bags for about half my class at a time to sit on the floor if they wish, so I need to set up a system and intro that this week. Lastly, I've only got 5 hands-free whisper phones and they are a hot commodity right now. I want to get a rotation with that (along with get some more from my EL coteacher) so that I don't have to deal with that anymore.

I hate grocery shopping. That is all.

I like to write my morning messages for the whole week ahead of time and then just tweak them each day if something changes. It really lifts the crazy out of me come 9:00 am. It also allows me to be more purposeful with my morning message, as we've started to learn about the parts of speech through it (again, more on that later... hopefully...)

2
I love to take pictures of students to post in our room to remind them of expectations. I've got to make our new take a break signs and turn and talk signs. I also started the Best Part of Me project with them this past week and need to get their photos developed so we can finish those puppies and get them up in our hallway!

I don't know what it is about me, but I suck at meal planning. And unfortunately, my husband isn't any better. This would lift such a burden off of me to have meals laid out for the week- especially lunches. Ugh.

1
It's been a very long and hard past week. I've been battling a nasty cold all week and I found out some very heartbreaking news on Thursday about my grandfather and his cancer. When I'm at work, I can often put those things behind me because the kids really do demand all my attention (as they should), but when I get home after a long day and have a pile of things to accomplish, I just don't have the motivation or energy to do it. And this upcoming week won't be any better. I literally have meetings everyday this week either before or after school (sometimes both) including our first ever Parent Night presentation on Thursday. I'm grateful to be able to come home, put on my comfy clothes, and just curl up in this lovely fall weather while I try to calm myself. I'm trying really hard to try to take better care of me so I can be the best for my students, my husband, my family, and my friends... I'm not always the best at that.

I should have put on there that I hope to blog more this month- but if I'm honest, it might not be until later in the month... depends if that thing called time decides to stick around a little longer. :)



Signature

7 comments

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! :) So sorry to hear news of your grandfather. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that you feel much better this week.


    First Grade Shashay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone should ALWAYS have time to curl up and just laze it up. After the hard weeks we have, it's the ideal thing to do!! I hope all your have-tos and hope-tos get done today :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you just inspired me in an epic way! You do your morning messages for the whole week, and I do a journal entry every day of the year for my juniors. Why could I not make one huge power point for the whole year, and then I just run it an don't have to think about it. Thanks a TON!

    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just described my day to a "T" as well. And I'm right there with you with the grocery shopping!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to curl up in comfy clothes too! It's the best thing to do...and Sunday naps as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    First Grade Shashay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am horrible at meal planning too! Unless you mean getting in the car to head home and thinking "huh, I wonder what I can whip up for dinner without stopping at the store?" If you find the secret, be sure to share! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have a long commute. I am the same way with lesson planning- I map out my week but based on the student's progress and understanding I alter my plans. I am in year 2... it is nice to find someone else who is in the first few years of teaching! Sorry you had a tough week- hang in there!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top