Here are a few of my made-its!
Made-It #1: No- Sew Curtains
Luckily they are high up so you can't see all my flaws, but I love the color they bring to my windows. I have two huge windows and really wanted curtains last year, but couldn't find anything cheap enough. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought a bunch of the small pre-cut pieces of fabric (which were 40% off... woohooo) and some fabric tac. I folded over the top edge to make a pocket, put some fabric tac on and bam bam thank you ma'am they were done. I used some PVC pipes that were left over from the previous teacher and command hooks to hang it.
I also love my new desk/small group area! I got rid of my humungous desk and have just a table for my computer and now lots of space to meet with my small groups!
Monday Made-It #2: Objective Board
I whipped out my trusty old Cricut and bought a new font cartridge (goll I want a Silhouette cutter- cartridges are spendy!) and finally created content labels. Last year I just wrote out the content area but I wanted to make it more permanent this year and bring some color to the space. I am waiting to talk with my team to see if I'll use the bottom space for word work.
Monday Made-It #3: Student Number Magnets
Last year I used paper numbers for our lunch board, but it was a pain when one went missing (and we only lost 1 the whole year... pretty good). I made two sets and some blank ones so that if I need to, I can just write on top of the marble the missing number, seal it with some nail polish, and go on with our day. I used my Cricut to cut out the circles, wrote the numbers on them, modged-podged them onto marbles stones from JoAnn and added small magnets from Lakeshore.
Monday Made-It #4: More Job Pockets for my Job Board
Here was my job board last year:
I had classroom jobs last year where everyone had a job, but they might have shared it with other people. I only had 1 pocket per job. It made it really complicated to keep track of who did what and it was a dreaded task for me to do. I decided to make 1 pocket for each job so that only 1 student was in the pocket. That way, now I can just move everyone down one and they still get variety. I can space out jobs that I have multiple people do (ex. I have 4 'custodians- each brings in one garbage and takes it out to the hall each day- that means I have 4 pockets that say custodian). I like the look of them and they hold up nicely thanks to some modge-podge. I again used my Cricut for the letters and just made a template for the pockets. I'm moving the job board to the back of the room and putting magnets on the back of each pocket.
Here's a view of a few of my past Monday Made Its being put to use!
My teacher toolbox and weekly copy holders. I had to change some drawers as I had far too many sharpies and colorful pens (addicted- what can I say).
And here are my jars from last week. I was worried about the size, but they are PERFECT. They don't take up too much space and will hold plenty of supplies at a time. One of my new jobs is the Supply Keeper, so when supplies are looking low, they will go the closet and fill up our jars. I'm really glad I did them.
I hope you all are enjoying everything that comes with a new school year! Can't wait to check out what others have created!